• February 1Welcome to The Soaring Source--Lancaster High's first online news source

The official student news site for Lancaster High School, Lancaster, CA

The Soaring Source

Eagles put in spirited week

Welcome rally

Maria Sanchez Tejada, Managing Editor

The week of Aug. 15 through 19 was short, entertaining, and creative. It was that time of season– spirit week, students were able to show their spirit in a variety of ways. ” I think spirit week, it’s a cool way to get students to be more involved in showing school spirit,” Senior Shelsea Vera said.

Lancaster High School spirit week kicks off with mime Monday. Students wore stripes to show their spirit throughout the day.

image

Tuesday was tie dye and/or tutu day, students took over the quad and enjoyed this day with different activities that ASB planned. ” If I have something for a certain spirit week day, I will dress up for it,” Junior Edwin Ochoa-Sanchez said.

On Wednesday it was wild at LnHS, as a variety of students dressed as circus/wild animals. The spirit days followed up when students grabbed their teddy bears and overalls for Toddler Thursday.

image        image

Students certainly mix-match on Friday, this day was enjoyable for many students at our school, specially class of 2017, students and faculty assembled in the school gymnasium for a pep rally, the classes rocked their eagle spirit, the Seniors took home the spirit rally victory. During the rally, the LnHS cheer team, and color guard team all performed high-energy routines to pump up the classes. ” I feel like all days were pretty enjoyable although my favorite was probably mix match day, it was wild,” Senior Ervin Guzman said.

image  image    image

” I didn’t really participate, when I heard about the spirit days it was already too late. I think maybe ASB should advertise more the days, and do more announcements and posters around the school,” Sophomore Alysa Greenwale said. In response to this, senior class president Kayla Florence said, ” As class president, I think it’s important not only for the school to advertise the spirit days but also to encourage students to take part in them. Spirit days are so much more fun if you actually take part in them and I think we, as students at our school can improve participation if we tried harder to get that message across.”

• Eagles put in spirited week

Showcase

Top 5 moments in Eagles sports this year

• Eagles put in spirited week

Features

Why I chose Berkeley

• Eagles put in spirited week

Showcase

Why the Nashville Predators will win the Stanley Cup

• Eagles put in spirited week

Features

Why I chose William and Mary

• Eagles put in spirited week

News

AVID’s quick adventure to the beach

• Eagles put in spirited week

Features

Why I chose San Francisco State

• Eagles put in spirited week

Showcase

Creating bonds through swimming

• Eagles put in spirited week

Features

Virtual reality and you

• Eagles put in spirited week

Features

Lancaster’s Museum of Art and History

• Eagles put in spirited week

Features

Making important decisions

Eagles put in spirited week