• February 1Welcome to The Soaring Source--Lancaster High's first online news source

The official student news site for Lancaster High School, Lancaster, CA

The Soaring Source

Weight loss tips

Yesenia Salinas, Staff Writer

As summer approaches getting a summer body or trying to maintain one can be a difficult thing. You’re having a good time and want to enjoy the food that is all around but you also want to lose some weight. Well, tweaking your diet can help ensure that.

If you tried losing weight before and failed there’s no need to give up because what works for one person may not work for you, but it’s possible. In your overall diet there’s important steps you need to take in order to lose weight.

Eating well balanced, nutritional and non-processed meals will instantly boost your chances to weight loss. According to studies, foods that you intake affect your health because food is a source of fuel for the body and if you feed it right then you’ll be healthier.

Foods that have nutritional benefits like high fiber, healthy fats, high sources of protein, and a good amount of healthy carbohydrates can help to reduce weight gain or help lose the weight. Adding lots of fruits and vegetables to your diet is always beneficial because they’re incredibly nutritious and very high in all sorts of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. This includes calcium, which has been shown to aid fat burning in some studies.

Eating a balanced meal of protein, carbohydrates and fats also helps with weight loss. Our body is like a car and needs fuel to function and work well, so feeding your body with these three sources will not only allow you to drop the weight but to also get healthy benefits out of it.

Eating in moderation is also important because you don’t want to be eating too little or too much. Smaller portions of food can help you to eat your food in an orderly fashion by eating every few hours, or you could eat two big meals at two different times of the day. It depends on what works for you.

Drinking a lot of water is also beneficial because it’s a natural body cleanser. For one it keeps the body healthy and also flushes away excess junk within the body allowing it to be freshly replenished. It also helps reduce cravings and makes you feel fuller.

Daily activity is also important for weight loss because it makes the body stronger, helps burn away fat, and increases the chances of living longer. When you have a combination of a balanced, healthy diet, hydration and daily activity to help burn off fat then your body will instantly feel stronger and healthier.

Weight loss tips